The Bee Gees
It's a remarkable statistic that on 8th April 1978, five songs in the top 10 of the US Billboard Hot 100 were written by the Gibb brothers. Maurice and Robin are no longer with us, but The Bee Gees will always have a place in the hearts of lovers of the 70s.
Here are just a few career highlights:
• Their UK number 1 hits include ‘Massachusetts’, ‘Night Fever’, ‘Tragedy’ and ‘I’ve Gotta Get A Message To You’.
• Their soundtrack to ‘Saturday Night Fever’ is one of the biggest selling albums of all time and won them a Grammy for Album of the Year in 1978. From the album, 'How Deep Is Your Love', 'Stayin' Alive' and 'Night Fever' all reached the number one spot.
• In 1999 the Isle of Man Post Office unveiled a set of 6 stamps honouring the Bee Gees’ music. The songs depicted on the stamps are ‘Massachusetts’, ‘Words’, ‘I've Gotta Get A Message To You’, ‘Night Fever’, ‘Stayin' Alive’ and ‘Immortality’.
• They have written many hits for other artists, including ‘Chain Reaction’, ‘Grease’ and ‘Islands in the Stream’.
• In 1979 they received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
• In 1994 they were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
• In 1997 they won a Brit Award for their Outstanding Contribution To Music and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the same year.
• They have won 9 Grammy Awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2000.
Capital FM Arena Nottingham
NottinghamThu 8 December 16
18:30from £48.00Buy Now
ManchesterThu 8 December 16
19:00from £62.50Buy Now
Bournemouth International Centre
BournemouthFri 9 December 16
18:30from £46.00Buy Now