Shelford Superstar Showdown (Gold)
- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Gold
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword (RED or BLUE) to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. There will be 4 rounds of the competition throughout the 5th October. One radio will be given out per round. Open and closing times for each round are below:
Open: Friday 05/10/2018 at 10:00
Close: Friday 05/10/2018 at 10:30
Open: Friday 05/10/2018 at 12:00
Close: Friday 05/10/2018 at 12:30
Open: Friday 05/10/2018 at 14:00
Close: Friday 05/10/2018 at 14:30
Open: Friday 05/10/2018 at 16:00
Close: Friday 05/10/2018 at 16:30
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. One winner will be selected at random from the vote option with the majority of votes. For example, if RED has the most votes, the winner will be randomly selected from all the people who entered RED.
8. The winner will be notified that they have won using the
number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. if the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted. The winner will also have their name and location read out on-air.
9. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition.
10. You can enter up to 5 times on each voting option in each round (max 10 entries per round), however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10. One Majority Shelford II Portable Retro Digital DAB + FM radio
11. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
12. The prize is non transferable.
Specific prize terms:
-One Majority Shelford II Portable Retro Digital DAB + FM Radio
-The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
-We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
-Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
-This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.