Secret Santa (2018)
30 November 2018, 10:23 | Updated: 30 November 2018, 12:28
GOLD’s Secret Santa on GOLD, December, 2018
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.mygoldmusic.co.uk/competition-terms-and-conditions/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘GOLD’s Secret Santa’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from 01/12/2018 to 21/12/2018 (“the Duration”) across the Gold Radio Network (the “Radio Station”)
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted these Specific Rules and the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to identify the identity of GOLD’s Secret Santa.
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with either; the word SANTA and their answer to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”), or the word CHRISTMAS and their answer to 65588 (the “Text Message Line”) within the opening and closing times of the Competition. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus one standard rate message.
5. The Text Message Line will open at 06:00 on 01/12/2018 on and close at 08:00 on 21/12/2018. If Entrants text after the closing time they will not be entered but may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
6. After the closing time, one Entrant will be selected at random from all the entries received during the valid entry period. If their answer is incorrect, another Entrant will be selected at random until an Entrant who entered with the correct answer is selected, a winner is decided, and prize for the Competition awarded
7. All Entrants selected to play on-air may be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and unable to pull over, cannot continue the call or any reason or the phone line is not of suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer / presenter), the call may be terminated, and another Entrant selected at random. The producer’s / presenter’s decision is final.
8. On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 3-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive an additional entry into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entry will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again.
9. Global reserves the right to give clues as to the identity of the Secret Santa at any time during the Competition
10. Entrants must be aged 18 or over
11. You can enter up to 20 times per day (excluding any free entries). We strongly advise against excessive usage
12. Entrants must have an eligible UK bank account, as the prizes will be paid via cheque or bank transfer
13. The prize is:
Samsung 50” Smart TV
Netfllix for a year (in the form of a £100 Netflix gift card)
£100 Smyth’s Toys gift card
Luxury food hamper (comprising a Waitrose & Partners Sweet Indulgence Hat Box and a John Lewis Wine Duo and Nibbles Christmas Hamper)
Selection of Family Board Games (Pie Face, Monopoly – Nightmare Before Christmas Version, The Fake News Card Game, Speak Out, Googly Eyes Board Game)
FITBIT Charge 2 – Plum Size Small
FITBIT Charge 2 – Black size Large
Mixed case of wine
Hotel Chocolat All I Want For Christmas Hamper
Amazon Echo Plus 2nd generation
Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7” Display, 16GB, Black
£250 (in the form of a bank transfer or a cheque)
13. Prizes are non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative
14. Global Radio reserves the right to change any of the prizes at any time without notice
15. Some prizes may be delivered separately.
16. Cash amount will be sent via BACs within 30 days of the end of the competition and won’t be delivered in time for Christmas.
17. Although we will endeavor to ensure prizes will be delivered in time for Christmas it is possible that, due to unforeseen circumstances or issues beyond our control that this may not be possible. We will try to advise the winner if this will be the case.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.