Cunard Cruise (January 2019)
28 January 2019, 10:09 | Updated: 27 January 2020, 16:57
Terms and Conditions:
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Stations" advertising the competition is Heart Network, Smooth Network, Capital Network, Classic FM, Gold and LBC.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes Heart Kent, Heart Sussex, Heart Bristol, Heart Gloucestershire, Heart Wiltshire - 82122 (CRUISE), Heart East Anglia, Heart Essex, Heart Four Counties – 82122 (BOAT), Heart Cambridgeshire – 82122 (Queen), Heart Thames Valley – 82122 (MARY), Heart Solent – 82122 (NYC), Heart South West – 82122 (SHIP), Heart Yorkshire – 82122 (OCEAN), Heart Scotland – 82122 (VOYAGE), Heart West Mids – 82122 (SEA), Capital Birmingham – 83958 (SEA), Smooth – 65588 (CRUISE), Classic FM – 61812 (CRUISE), LBC – 84850 (CRUISE), Gold – 65588 (QUEEN) (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 16:00 on Friday 25th January 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 18:00 on Friday 1st March 2019 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. The winner will be selected at random. The winner will be notified that they have won using the number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the Entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another Entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be 18 or over to enter the Competition.
9. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10. This prize is for 2 people for a 7-night Cunard cruise on the Queen Mary 2 in a deluxe balcony stateroom from New York to Southampton or vice versa and a one way economy flight in the other direction, London to New York or New York to London.
11. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
12. The prize is non-transferable.
- This prize includes a Transatlantic Crossing to or from New York for 2 people on board Queen Mary 2 in a deluxe balcony stateroom (BB grade). The Crossing includes on board accommodation, on board meals (except in specialty restaurants and the alternative dining options in Kings Court), entertainment and port taxes.
- The prize includes one way economy flights for 2 people between London and New York.
- UK airports include: London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester. Not all regional flights operate a direct service on a daily basis, so indirect flights may be offered as an alternative. All flights are subject to availability.
- Transportation to/from airport in the UK/ US, travel insurance and items of a personal nature such as drinks, gratuities and shop purchases, are not included in this prize.
- The Transatlantic Crossing must be taken in April, May, July, August, October or November 2019.
- If for any reason, the prize becomes unavailable, Cunard reserves the right to supply an alternative available date.
- The winner can choose from a selection of departure dates sailing from Southampton to New York before flying back to the UK, or opt to fly to New York and sail back to Southampton.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative.
- The winners will be bound by the Cunard terms and conditions. For more information, visit: www.cunard.co.uk.
- All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
- The winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements (transportation to and from the departing and destination airport/port) not specifically included in the prize.
- At least one guest must be over the age of 18.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- The winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the winner forfeiting their prize.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative. This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.