ON-AIR AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction” The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term
“Auction Line” The number (0345 949 5000) that Participants must call during the Bid Period to place a bid.
“Auction Terms and Conditions” These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
“Bid Period” The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions” Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
“Conditions” The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions
“Global Charities” Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland))
“on-air” Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s)
“Participant” or “you” A person who participates in the Auction
“Participating Radio Station(s)” Gold
“Term” The dates and times set out in Clause 2.2 of these Conditions
“Website” www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.2 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions (with the specific exception of clauses 2.3 and 2.4 of the Competition Terms and Conditions) shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.3 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.4 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 All auctions will take place between Monday 5th October and Friday 9th October 2015 (“the Term”), however each lot will open and close at a different time within this Term.
2.3 The Bid Period for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
2.4 During the Bid Period each Participant must call the Auction Line only when directed to do so and only during the specified periods. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
2.5 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible until such time that the Bid has been beaten (if applicable). The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.6 If at the end of the Bid Period there are two or more active bidders, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the item.
2.7 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.8 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period.
2.9 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
3.4 Liability All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
3.5 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
3.6 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
- This prize is for two people and includes two tickets (one per person) to see The Osmonds Christmas Show at The O2 Indigo on December 16th 2015.
- Includes access to the last song of the rehearsal, the best seats in the house, having a photo taken with The Osmonds, a new Osmonds Christmas CD signed by them, an exclusive Christmas mug, an exclusive chocolate bar plus an overnight stay at a London hotel.
-The hotel will be a minimum 3 star hotel on a room basis only.
- The hotel will be in London and will be confirmed with the winner.
- All members of The Osmonds will attend the meet & greet. If one or more members are unable to attend, the prize will go ahead with the remaining artists. If none of the band is able to attend or if the event is cancelled we will rearrange on a mutually agreeable date.
- At some meet & greets photography/autographs are not permitted
– in these instances a photo is usually taken on your behalf and sent to you afterwards.
- Meet & greets at concerts, especially overseas, may be relatively brief and other guests may be meeting in the same session. Timings are often not supplied until up to 48 hours before the event.
- A member of the Global Charities team will/may be present to manage your experience and take photographs for marketing purposes. If you would prefer to remain anonymous or not be included in photographs please discuss your preferences with your contact at Global Charities.
- The artist’s management team and/or other chosen guest may also be present at the event. Filming or photography may be carried out for their purposes.
- Travel to and from the hotel and show is not included.
- The hotel reserves the rights to change or amend the reservation date depending on occupancy.
- We cannot inform you of room type in advance – this will be determined on check-in.
- Once accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- Free delivery of tickets included to UK addresses. Alternatively items can be collected from our offices in central London 30 Leicester Square, WC2H 7LA or collected at the event.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- We require winner name contact number, postal address and email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable and no cash alternative.