When A Man Loves A Woman Percy Sledge
ON-AIR AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Definitions and Introduction
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction” The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term
“Auction Line” The number (0345 949 5000) that Participants must call during the Bid Period to place a bid.
“Auction Terms and Conditions” These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
“Bid Period” The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions” Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
“Conditions” The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions
“Global Charities” Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland))
“on-air” Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s)
“Participant” or “you” A person who participates in the Auction
“Participating Radio Station(s)” Gold
“Term” The dates and times set out in Clause 2.2 of these Conditions
“Website” www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.2 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions (with the specific exception of clauses 2.3 and 2.4 of the Competition Terms and Conditions) shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.3 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1.4 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 All auctions will take place between Monday 5th October and Friday 9th October 2015 (“the Term”), however each lot will open and close at a different time within this Term.
2.3 The Bid Period for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
2.4 During the Bid Period each Participant must call the Auction Line only when directed to do so and only during the specified periods. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
2.5 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible until such time that the Bid has been beaten (if applicable). The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.6 If at the end of the Bid Period there are two or more active bidders, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the item.
2.7 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.8 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period.
2.9 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
3.4 Liability All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
3.5 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
3.6 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
- This prize is for four people and includes four tickets to the Elvis at the O2 exhibition (London’s O2 Arena) plus three-course meal, wine and soft drinks for four at Gaucho (O2 Arena restaurant).
- Tickets for Elvis Exhibition are valid for the date 28th December 2015.
- Gaucho O2 will host a dinner for 4 in their glamorous O2 restaurant. The winner and their guests will be treated to a three-course meal with matching wines. Steak lovers can expect to taste the best Argentinian steak in London, as well as sampling other Argentine inspired dishes.
- Three-course meal at Gaucho includes starter, main course and desert (with a glass of wine to match each course or maximum of three soft drinks per person)
- Gaucho meal for four must be booked for the same day as the Elvis at the O2 exhibition tickets. The booking will be facilitated by Global’s Make Some Noise once the prize has been won.
- Travel to and from the exhibition/restaurant is not included.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- At least one member of the group must be over the age of 18.
- Alcohol is only available to guests aged 18 and over.
- We require winner name contact number, postal address and email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable and no cash alternative. This is a charity auction and as such no refunds are given.